Our Early Intervention service supports children with a disability or developmental delay to get the best start in life. Research shows that providing support early is linked with improved outcomes for children with disability.
We have been running this programme for 25 years and work with up to 100 families in any one year. But from 2016 funding changes mean some families will not be able to get these services. We are aiming to fundraise $8000 for these families and your support is greatly appreciated!
All donations to GBSS Inc are tax deductible so please let us know your name and address for a receipt. Donations can be made by:
- Direct Deposit:
- Account Name: Granite Belt Support Services Inc.
- BSB: 064-431
- Account No: 00905598
- Reference: EI Therapy
- Cheque: Please make cheques payable to Granite Belt Support Services and post to PO Box 4 Stanthorpe QLD 4380.
You can also call into our office at 44 Short Street Stanthorpe.
Geraldine Hollingsworth, Therapy Manager
What is our Early Intervention Programme About?
We have experienced staff (Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Allied Health Assistants) who have really helped families by:
- Listening to and strengthening families by offering information and support to find out about their child's disability and needs
- Support at the time of diagnosis
- Support for children with disability's inclusion in their everyday environments
- Formal and informal family support, including emotional support â€“ there is always someone to talk to.
- Therapy, such as speech pathology and occupational therapy
- Information and support for:
- School readiness and smooth transitions into school settings
- connecting with other parents, service providers and the local community including our respite care service.
Feedback about our Early Intervention Service
- "Your help has made a massive difference in my son's life as well as the family. We cannot thank you enough for all your support and help. Very much appreciated!"
- "Your therapy service has been incredibly valuable in my child's social development and the information and resources have assisted me to provide better care at home"
- "I can see our boy coming ahead in leaps and bounds"
- "Thanks to this programme I have got the help for my son"
- "I cannot fault this service, the therapists are great as usual - very easy to speak to and work things out with"